Soul of My Saviour (Anima Christi)

I learned this lovely traditional hymn from Irish soil, in the Parish of the Good Shepherd, Four Roads. Hope you like it...:)




                          I
F                          C     F     C        F
Soul of my Saviour, sanctify my breast;
      C   F             C           F    C        F
Body of Christ, be thou my saving guest;
            Bb      F      C     F           Bb F
Blood of my Saviour, bathe me in thy side,
C Bb    F    C   F   Bb   F             C            F
Wash me, ye waters, streaming from his side.

                         II
F                               C     F            C            F
Strength and protection may His passion be;
      C     F         C            F    C           F
O blessed Jesus, hear and answer me;
           Bb         F           C      F            Bb  F
Deep in thy wounds, Lord, hide and shelter me.
CBb  F  C F  Bb F         C             F
So shall I never, never part from thee.

                         III
F                                C   F         C        F
Guard and defend me from the foe malign;
        C          F            C                  F    C     F
In death's dread moments make me only thine;
           Bb        F    C     F           Bb  F
Call me, and bid me come to thee on high,
C Bb   F  C    F     Bb     F             C            F
When I may praise thee with thy saints for aye.










No comments: