O, the Love of my Lord




                    I
C           F               Bb  C        F     Bb    F
O, the love of my Lord is the essence
C  F            Bb    C           F     Bb    F
of all that I love here on earth.
           Am  Bb    C                C7        Dm
All the beauty I see he has given to me,
C7           F             BbC7    F Bb      F
And his giving is gentle as silence.

                    II
C         F              Bb    C       F   Bb    F
Ev'ry day, ev'ry hour, ev'ry moment
C         F                                Bb        C        F     Bb    F
have been blessed by the strength of His love.
           Am      Bb     C              C7              Dm
At the turn of each tide he is there at my side,
C7        F                  BbC7      F Bb    F
and his touch is as gentle as silence.

                    III
C                       F                        Bb       C           F     Bb    F
There've been times when I've turned from his presence,
C               F                  Bb      C       F     Bb    F
and I've walked other paths, other ways;
               Am    Bb        C                C7             Dm
but I've called on his name in the dark of my shame,
C7            F               BbC7     F Bb  F
and his mercy was gentle as silence.

No comments: